Friday, July 3, 2009

July 3rd--dosing day 8 (day 5 of vlc)

AM weight = 205.0 lbs
Total loss = 9.6 lbs

I must say I am amazed. I lost as much in one week with this program than I did in the first two weeks of atkins years ago. That one week also included my two feeding days in the beginning of the protocol, so really I am looking at nearly 10 pounds gone in only 5 days. Damn!!

The other thing that constatly amazes me is the lack of hunger. I made pizza one night for everyone else while I had leftovers from the steak and salad we had the night before. I didn't craze the pizza or feel like I was punishing myself for not eating it. It was almost like I didn't even want it. There has been 2/3 of a box of double stuff oreos (left over from my feeding days) in the pantry for the whole week and I haven't given them a second look. That has NEVER happened in all of my years of dieting. Before when I was dieting I just couldn't bring food that was off-limits into my house at all. No temptation if it isn't in the house right?! I actually ate a piece of pepperoni off of my son's pizza after he was finished. It didn't even taste good to me. The salad and steak I made for myself tasted better. Wow.

To be fair to the diet and to my own habits I do have to confess this. Last night I thought I was hungry. The reason I say thought is because I am really not sure if it was physical hunger or just a feeling of emptiness that I didn't know how to assimilate and read as hunger. I ended up having an extra melba toast figuring it was the least damaging option in terms of adding extra food. I am not tracking calories other than weighing my protien servings. Sometimes I weigh them at 100 grams prior to cooking, but often I weigh them after because I am cooking a larger serving of meat or fish or whatever to feed everyone. The way I figure it, if the protein weighs 100 grams prior to cooking then it should weigh between 80 and 90 grams after depending on fat content. I know that a 3 oz piece of meat or chicken is the size of a deck of cards and tend to use that as a rule of thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment